How I Did On My Budget in November
As we all know, November ended last week.
So now, it’s time to share with you how I did on my budget in November.
I worked on this over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Here’s a link to the budget I created:
Here’s how I did on the income:
- I earned what I budgeted ($1732).
Here are my expense wins for the month:
- I spent $68 less than expected on car expenses ($132 vs. $200).
- I spent $54 less than expected on my cat ($6 vs. $54).
- I spent $47 less than expected on personal expenses ($103 vs. $150).
Here is where I can do better on my budget:
- Even though I was $13 below expected on utilities, I have to do a better job in that category.
- I have to find better deals when eating out and grocery shopping.
- I have to be more careful when spending money on household needs.
The only pitfall in my budget was…
- That I had to take $110 out of my going back to college fund to cover the health insurance expenses I had to pay for January 2018. But it’s better than taking it out of my $1,000 emergency fund.
Overall, I did okay on my budget.
There are places I can improve on.
But, I’ve learned to become more responsible with money and be better prepared for upcoming emergencies through doing a budget.
Here’s what I have in my sinking funds I created:
- $75 in Utilities
- $208 in Car Expenses
- $114 in Pet Expenses
- $290 in the Back to College Fund
- $87 in Car Insurance
Please let me know what you think and how I can do better on my budget.
Thank You and Have A Great Day,