My View On Credit Cards
I’ve been criticized by some people for using credit cards.
I understand why some people don’t like credit cards.
They have high interest rates; easy to use; and can get anyone into debt if he or she is not careful.
However, credit cards have been beneficial to me.
- I pay off my credit card balances online every week. Because of that I avoid paying interest.
- I only use credit cards to spend money on items I have budgeted for each month (e.g. Groceries, Gas, Personal Needs).
- I won’t use my credit card for splurges (e.g. Clothes I don’t need).
- I don’t use credit cards for big purchases. I save up money for those.
- It’s easier for me to dispute fraudulent charges on a credit card than a debit card.
- I don’t have to worry about holds on my bank account (like I do with a debit card).
- I get gift card rewards for using my credit cards once a month or once a quarter (depending on how many points I have).
Overall, credit cards have not been an issue for me because I have been responsible using them.
I own my credit card (rather than it owning me).
Let me know what you think.
Thank You and Have A Great Day,