A lot of people in my family (and some friends of mine) have been wondering why I’m 28 and still single.
I was reading 1 Corinthians this past week.
In chapter 7, it discusses about being married and single.
Verse 35 says that my choice on being married or single should depend on which relationship status I would be more effective with in serving God.
I have decided that I would be more effective with serving God by staying single.
It’s contrary to what most people my are doing or want to do.
Why I would be better staying single?
- Less distractions- I would have more time to communicate with God and serve Him than I would if I was married.
- More opportunities to serve- I would be able to serve in more ministries than I would have if I was married with kids.
- I’m not ready for commitment right now- I need to grow more in the Lord before getting into a relationship with someone.
Please let me know your opinions on this.
Thank You and God Bless You,
Thanksgiving is this week.
It’s not about the food that I will be eating this week.
It’s about remembering what I’m thankful for.
As I’ve mentioned in a previous blog post (https://www.millennialbuddy.com/2017/10/27/appreciate-what-you-have-in-life/), God can give and take away blessings in our lives (read the book of Job).
Today, I want to share 10 things I’m thankful for.
Here we go:
- My family- They’re loving and helpful to me.
- My church- It’s a blessing to be able to be at church where everyone serves the Lord and wants to grow in the Lord.
- My house- It’s nice to have a place that protects me from the elements of the outdoors.
- My car- I like being able to drive to the places I need to go.
- My cat- He’s a great companion and protects me from the rodents that can come in my house.
- My clothes- It’s nice to have clothes to wear all year round. Some people don’t get this luxury.
- The area I live in- The cost of living is low and everyone is mostly friendly and helpful.
- Thrift stores in my area- They’re a great place to find bargains on nice clothing and the money helps out needy people in the community.
- My friends- They inspire me to do better each and everyday.
- My job- Working at this job pays the bills I need to pay each month.
Please share with me what you’re thankful for.
Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving To You,
Most of us will be seeing and spending time with our family this week and next month.
It’s important that I see my family because last week, my brother told me that I won’t be around my family for forever (on Earth).
It made me think of something.
What does family mean to me?
The way I see family isn’t same as someone else.
To me, the definition determines who I need to be spending time with (and communicating with) over the Holidays.
Here’s my definition of family:
- People who care about you and want to be in your life.
- People who make an effort to stay in touch with you and want to see you.
- It’s not always people related to you by blood (I have some blood relatives who could care less if I lived or died. I have people who are not related to me by blood who care more about me than they do.).
- It does not include people who want to be in your life just to use you for their own benefit.
This definition makes me want to show appreciation to everyone I consider “family” over the Holiday season.
Please share with me what “family” means to you.
Thank You and Have A Great Day