In India, more than 10 popular entries for admission to the top Business schools/Management institutions and Universities. The notification of exams like CAT, SNAP, XAT, and NMAT would be released on their official platforms. Most of the Management Schools have a pretty similar syllabus to teach, but it may vary little, from exam to exam. This article contains a brief idea of the entrance test of the management programs CAT, XAT, NMAT, and SNAP exams. this will help aspirants to understand the importance of the entrances test and how they are similar to each other.
Provided table compared all four tests according to the year 2021 to understand better and gives proper similarities and differences among the following exams.
|Question||100(75mcq and rest Non-MCQ)||60||100(MCQ)+1 Essay writing||108(MCQ)|
|Conducting Body||IIM||Symbiosis International University Pune||XLRI||GMAC|
|3 yrs Graduation/final years of graduation||3 yrs Graduation/final years of graduation||3yrs Graduation/or equivalent /final years of graduation||3yrs Graduation/or equivalent /final years of graduation|
|Minimum %in Graduation||50% (Gen)
|Minus marking||-1(MCQ)no minus for NON-MCQ||-.25||-.25
(0.10 marks for unattempted question)
|Nationality||Indian/NRI||Indian/NRI||Indian and NRI(with GMAT only)||Indian/NRI|
|Difficulty level||Comparatively High||Moderate||High||Moderate|
CAT Exam 2022
In our country, many exams are conducted at different levels. If we talk about some of the toughest exams in India, then the CAT exam is also included in them. If you are thinking of preparing for the CAT exam and want to get complete information about this exam, then in this article you will get to know about CAT and many different types of test exams in very easy language. Today we will talk about the CAT exam which is considered to be one of the toughest exams in India. Before starting the preparation of any exam, one should get complete information about it because it gives us an idea about the exam pattern. Apart from this, we also get to know whether the exam for which we are preparing is really suitable for our interest or not.
- CAT exam is conducted every year by IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management).
- In this, students are taught about the “Business Administration Program”. Actually, the CAT exam is a computer-based exam.
- If you want to pursue a higher education degree from IIMs, then this exam is compulsory.
SNAP Exam 2022
- Symbiosis National aptitude test is basically known as SNAP. This is an entrance test for admission in Symbiosis institutes in India. More than 1 lakh students appear for exams from various colleges and streams like engineering commerce arts and even Humanities take a SNAP test to get into the Symbiosis colleges which have 2500 seats to be filled up.
- Earlier it had a written exam on paper but now has changed its question paper pattern from paper-based to Computer-Based to promote digitalization.
- SNAP test conducted by symbiosis international University (SIU) for MBA admissions 2022 in 16 symbiosis universities. This is a common entrance test for those who wish to take admissions in 16 symbiosis affiliated institutes.
- Symbiosis Institute of business management Pune is ranked among the top 25 management institutes in MHRD NIRF ranking 2020.
- This is the complete online-based exam with a timing duration of 60 minutes.
- The fee for the SNAP 2021 application is approximately Rs. 1950/- for each exam separately.
- Candidates have to attempt a total group of 60 questions. There is a total of 3 sections with a different number of questions in each section. SNAP 2021 test will be held in India’s 92-94 cities all over the country.
- SNAP scoring pattern is plus one mark for its correct answer and the Ratio of negative marking for the wrong answer is -25% percentage means -0.25 marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
- The final results will be decided upon the total attempt of questions a candidate made will be considered for the final percentile calculation.
XAT Exam 2022
- XAT Stands for Xavier’s aptitude test. This is a national-level management entrance examination conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur for admission to MBA or PGDM programs.
- Over 1000+ business schools accept XAT Scores for admission to their MBA and business programs.
- XAT Question paper includes 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ). The question types are decision making, verbal logical abilities, data interpretation, and general knowledge.
- The exam is conducted once a year, on the first Sunday of every January month of the year. The overall time duration is 3 hours. The exam is conducted in online mode. The question paper consists of 100 MCQs to be solved in 3 hours.
- There is a total of 2 sections in the XAT test, part-1 of the question paper is to be completed within 165 minutes and part -2 should be completed within the remaining 15 minutes.
- About 95000 candidates from diverse fields and academics appear for the XAT test every year which is held in 72 cities all over the country.
- Candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to appear in this examination.
- The best thing about this test is that there are no minimum marks criteria for appearing on the XAT test.
- XLRI Jamshedpur also offers various scholarships to Bright and Financially backward students through various names like Aditya
Birla Scholarship, Capital first, Alumni Scholarship, XLRI Diamond Jubilee (Juniors and Seniors), Geeta Saxena Memorial, etc.
- There is 1 mark for each correct answer and -0.25 marks for the incorrect attempts.
- XAT scores are accepted by 11 board members of Xavier Association of Management Institutes(XAMI) and over thousands plus other MBA institutes in India.
NMAT Exam 2022
- NMAT by GMAC is one of the most prestigious entrance exams for business management which grants admission in the PGDM program of NMIMS Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Bangalore
- NMAT is a computerized test consisting of 3 sections are Language skills, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative skills.
- The Overall test duration is 2 hours with an individual time limit for each of the sections.
- The question types of NMAT are Multiple choice questions (MCQ).
- The number of questions in NMAT 2021 is 108. All the sections will have 36 marks for each of the questions equally.
- There is no specific age limit to appear in NMAT.
- The application fees will be about 2300/- including all the taxes and the registration procedure is the same as the above all entrances like CAT, SNAP, and XAT.
The difficulty level of CAT and XAT is Higher than SNAP and NMAT. and also moderate in comparison to others. Attempting restrictions in GMAC. One candidate is eligible to take GMAC at most up to 3 times. These tests are almost similar to each other but XAT and CAT are tough in comparison to other MBA entrance exams. Mainly LR and RC questions of both entrance tests are tough and also have sectional time limits.
The Presence of decision-making and GK make XAT tougher than CAT. To perform well in the test, prepare with BYJU’s Exam Prep containing all test strategies and tips on a regular basis. Ideally one can prepare in 6-9 months, but it totally depends on their preparation strategy according to their strengths and weaknesses.
Stay Connect with Education Blog & If you have an education blog than write for us education.