Today’s post is going to be different than most posts.
I’m going to share with you a trial I’m going through right now.
Last week, I went to the dentist to get a chipped tooth filled.
As they were filling the tooth, they told me that I had to pay hundreds of dollars to get the tooth removed or pay thousands of dollars for a root canal.
Neither of those options sounded to thrilling.
I decided to pay the hundreds of dollars to get the tooth removed (I couldn’t afford to pay thousands of dollars for a root canal).
The issues I have with my decision are as follows….
- I have to spend the extra money I had leftover in December to pay for the procedure.
- I couldn’t find an oral surgeon close to my house to get the procedure done.
- Because of that, I have to take a day off of work to get the procedure done (the appointment is an hour away). I hate missing work because it’s the busy time of year at work for me.
- The appointment is early in the morning (I’m not an early morning person).
- My dental insurance will not cover the procedure. I’m going to have to pay full price for it.
It sounds like a major trial.
But in the book of Job, Job had a lot of trials he had to face.
I think God is putting me through this to put my trust in Him and not myself.
I ask prayers for the situation I’m going through.
The appointment is next Friday morning.
I will give you all an update on this situation.
Please let me know if you have anything I can pray for you about.
Thank You and God Bless You,