Teenagers in today’s era are really into video games, especially shooting games, like Mech arena & War Robots. Their passion, love, and attraction towards the different kinds of video games are increasing rapidly. The time teenagers spend playing video games online is increasing daily. Each individual might prefer a different kind of video game to play. As a variety of video games are available online, here are a few most popular sub-genres of various types of video games available online.
Thrilling adventure games:
The sub-genres of adventure games are as follows-
- Text adventures – Interactive fiction is the term for early text adventure games. As the name suggests, the gameplay is entirely text-based, which means that players use their keyboard to apply commands in response to the game, programmed story, or the situation, such as move left, jump, or run. Programmers have spent quite a time working out on the development for creating various responses to the players’ inputs with text adventures.
- Graphic adventures – As computers become more capable of creating graphics for supporting text, games, and other revolutions. For instance, early graphic adventure games created simple images to support text-based adventure in most of the robot games. However, when the mouse evolved into the game controllers, games replaced written text commands and began to use the mouse for interacting with an on-screen object by pointing and clicking.
- Visual novels – visual novels are extremely popular in Japan and require gamers to build up a character to advance the gameplay. Most of these games often come with multiple endings that the players determine. Response to specific points in the plot, legal simulations, and dating are some of the popular themes in many visual novels.
- Real-time 3D – The newest evolution in adventure games is real-time 3-D. Gamers playing a multiplayer shooting game, like Mech Arena, now interact in real-time 3-D video games instead of pre-rendered scenes.
The subgenres of strategy games include-
- 4X- It is a strategy video game wherein four primary goals check the boxes of expand, exploit, explore and exterminate. As these games consist of underlying goals, most of them have historical settings.
- Multiplayer online battle arena – This strategy shooting game category combines role-playing, action, and real-time strategy games. Players in multiplayer online battle arenas usually do not build resources such as combat units or bases. Instead, gamers control one character in one or two teams working together to destroy the other team.
- Tower defense- Tower defense games allow players to fend off computer–controlled enemies to win. Creep movements and tower abilities differentiate from game to game, but these games usually give various towers different abilities, such as slowing down or poisoning the enemy. Once a player kills enough creeps, they get awarded for purchasing more towers or upgrading to increase their weapons or power range.
- War games are one of the sub–genres of strategy video games; these games focus on gameplay, which is map-based tactical or strategic warfare.
Some of the varieties of sports games are mentioned below.
- Racing- some of the most popular games and sports centers include racing, where players race against one or multiple players to win the race with or without a time limit.
- Team sports- one of the earliest kinds of video games available. Team sports games simulate playing sports such as cricket, baseball, soccer, football, badminton, or golf by creating your team and playing against the opponent team to win.
A variety of sub-genres are innovated under different genres of video games. Players need more video games to explore & play as there are endless options available to be discovered. Art, cooking, education, party, and programming are other varieties of games available online.